[gst-devel] Is there use of encryption in gstreamer?

Zeeshan Ali zeelists at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 28 14:15:03 CEST 2003

Hi,
  You got a good idea about our future plans but i am
affraid its a bit wrong. It wont actually be the RTP
plugin that would be doing anything like encryption at
all. RTP (as it must be) is/will be kept independent
of the transport layer, for which the developer would
be having choice of either using TCP or UDP plugins. I
was also thinking of implementing a TLS plugin which
maybe needed at some places and that is were
encryption shall come into action. Thanks for your
query, Bye.