[gst-devel] Some questions on dv1394src

Yann Klis yklis at kaliasys.com
Thu Jun 5 03:06:06 CEST 2003

Hello,

I want to write a little application which goal is to monitor a DV cam (first
step), like you can do with Kino, and control this cam through AVC commands
(second step). For the first step, I'd like to use gstreamer if all the
necessary modules are already there.

So, my question is, is the dv1394src plugin (maybe in coordination with the
dvdec plugin) designed to do this kind of stuff, ie visualisation ?

If yes, as it seems that dv1394src is not part of the debian gstreamer
package, how can I simply add this plugin to my existing installation ?

Thanks in advance,

++

yk