[gst-devel] gnome-vfs plugin

Magnus Bergman magnus.bergman at observer.net
Fri Jun 6 08:22:08 CEST 2003

On 05 Jun 2003 18:00:36 +0200
Ronald Bultje <rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net> wrote:

> Hey Magnus,
>
> On Thu, 2003-06-05 at 16:07, Magnus Bergman wrote:
> > What happened to the gnome-vfs plugin? The configure script
> > for Gst-plugins knows about it, but it's not included in the
> > package. I need what plugin and am willing bring it up to
> > date if the code is obsolete, or even re-implement it if
> > desired.
>
> It's just there. Why? Which version? RPMs? Source? debs? ...

The source (downloaded from sourceforge) of version 0.6.1. When I tried to compile it I got the following message:

  make[2]: Entering directory `/home/magnusbe/src/gst-plugins-0.6.1/gst'
  Making all in gnome_vfs
  /bin/sh: line 1: cd: gnome_vfs: Filen eller katalogen finns inte
    (Swedish for: "The file or the directory does not exist")
  make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
  make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/magnusbe/src/gst-plugins-0.6.1/gst'

I checked for something that might be the gnome-vfs plugin but found nothing. I also took a quick look in the CVS (through sourceforge CVS browse) and didn't find it there either. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong if it's there.