[gst-devel] audio/raw float caps format

Benjamin Otte in7y118 at public.uni-hamburg.de
Mon Jun 23 09:34:38 CEST 2003

Some things (partly discussed in IRC):
The idea is fine with me. Maybe it would be better suited for QoS, but
until that lands, it's ok.

Two issues though:

- I'd like a generic name for the property, buffer size negotiation seems
like we would want it in a lot of places. (I'd want it in audio/x-mp3 for
example). "buffer-units", "units" or something.
- I'd like to be able to write a plugin that doesn't support this property
and just spews out buffers the size it likes (even varying sizes).
It would then be easy to write a "bufferresize" or whatever element that
reassembles the buffers to the right size, so that these two were
compatible.

Benjamin

PS: Yeah, I'd really have liked to have you at GUADEC. I'd like to meet
all you non-European Gst guys anyway. If someone has an idea of how to do
this without us poor people going broke, please tell.