[gst-devel] audio/raw float caps format

Ronald Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Mon Jun 23 12:38:30 CEST 2003

One more thing,

On Mon, 2003-06-23 at 20:40, Ronald Bultje wrote:
> I was also thinking of removing the signed/unsigned properties on int
> audio, since 8bit audio will always be unsigned and 16bit audio will
> always be signed. Allowing for 8bit signed or 16bit unsigned isn't
> useful in any way...

Thinking of this some more... Why does audio/raw *specifically* have a
width/depth property, while video/raw didn't have a rowstride property,
and why didn't audio/raw (float) have an endianness property?

I vote for changing int-audio/raw to: audio/raw with two properties:
layout = "guint8 or "gint16" and endianness = G_LITTLE/BIT_ENDIAN.

Ronald