[gst-devel] thread problem

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Wed Jun 25 13:55:01 CEST 2003

Hi Yurix,

On Wed, 2003-06-25 at 21:13, YuRiX wrote:
> hi *,
> this is my first message to this list.
> my dear gurus, i've this problem : i 've just followed the manual to
> write a stupid program saving an audio stream from the internet,
> splitting each song in a file. the first release works prettly, but
> when i've try to implement this functionality in multithreading fashion,
> i get out this message:
> (process:2325): GStreamer-WARNING **: bin "bin" is not the managing bin,
> can't be iterated on!

you probably did gst_bin_new, and you should do gst_pipeline_new
instead.  A pipeline is a bin with a scheduler attached to it so it can
be iterated.

> this message appears also running the example code in chap 15 of the
> manual.

Can you give me an exact link to the online manual so I can fix this ?

Thanks !

Thomas

> is there something i'm missing ?
> is it a know bug/feature?
> or simply, is not the manual updated?
>
> hoping to have post an usefull question
> ciao

Dave/Dina : future TV today ! - http://davedina.apestaart.org/
Ten generations of selective cross-breeding
and you still have a fat ass ?
URGent, best radio on the net - 24/7 ! - http://urgent.rug.ac.be/