[gst-devel] filesrc rewind

august august at alien.mur.at
Fri Mar 7 03:18:03 CET 2003

Julien,

thanks for the pointer.  I'm stills stuck, though.

trying:

<snip>
  GstEvent *s_event;
  //guint8   prev_state;
  GstPad *src;

  g_print("have eos, seeking\n");
  s_event = gst_event_new_seek (GST_FORMAT_TIME |
                                      GST_SEEK_METHOD_SET |
                                      GST_SEEK_FLAG_FLUSH, 0);

  src = gst_element_get_pad( GST_ELEMENT(element) , "src" );
  if (src != NULL){
    g_print("src is not NULL\n");
    gst_event_ref (s_event);
    gst_pad_send_event ( src, s_event);
    //gst_element_send_event ( GST_ELEMENT(element), s_event);
    // also tried this ^
  }

  gst_element_set_state(GST_ELEMENT(element), GST_STATE_PLAYING);

</snip>

I dont get any results whatsover. no errors, no rewind.
still going at it.  the gstreamer documention is really good, but there
are some knowledge traps for newbies like myself.

begging for patience - august.