[gst-devel] D-BUS based multimedia server

Owen Fraser-Green owen at discobabe.net
Tue Mar 11 04:29:11 CET 2003

Hi,

Yes and no. Actually, I took remote IPC for granted and assumed it was
already there but while I believe that it was conceived as primarily a local
IPC system it seems as though everyone sees it as the next step for D-BUS.
It also appears as though Havoc has some code to tunnel it over X too.
Granted, this level of immaturity does strike a bit of blow to the whole
idea but it's still the most ideally suited mechanism that comes to mind.

Cheers,
Owen