[gst-devel] gtk-player in Mozilla

David Schleef ds at schleef.org
Tue May 20 14:10:11 CEST 2003

On Tue, May 20, 2003 at 02:59:52PM +0200, Julien MOUTTE wrote:

> > I thought Julien wanted to remove it compeletely. I'm surprised it's still
> > there.
>
> I was told that the moz plugin was using it :) So i did not wanted
> to break that...
>
> If GstPlayer is directly used by the moz plugin that's perfect we
> can trash it as it is broken..

That would be wonderful, but there's exactly one showstopper --
GnomeApplication (the top-level widget of gst-player) refuses to
be reparented into the Mozilla window correctly.  I was told by
some Gnome people (don't remember, long time ago) to give up and
use GtkPlug instead.  If someone can figure out this problem, we
should use gst-player directly.

I'll put some time into making gst-player-gtk work better.  The
architecture of gst-player makes this really easy.  (good work!)

dave...