[gst-devel] Segfault in CVS gst-register

David Schleef ds at schleef.org
Tue May 27 14:07:07 CEST 2003

On Tue, May 27, 2003 at 02:46:11PM -0600, Brett Kosinski wrote:
> You see, in my system, I use stow to manage my custom packages.
> GStreamer is installed to /usr/local/packages/gstreamer and gst-plugins is
> installed to /usr/local/packages/gst-plugins.  I then use stow to install
> the two to /usr/local/.

(This is rather tangential to the bug at hand, but...)

You should probably be setting prefix=/usr/local during build, then
running 'make install prefix=/usr/local/packages/gstreamer' (or
similar) to install.  This will cause the build system to compile in
the correct (i.e., /usr/local/lib) pathnames, but install to a
different place.  This is the trick used by RPM and the Debian build
system.  Unless, of course, stow suggests doing something differently.
I'm not familiar with it.

dave...