[gst-devel] plugin breakage

Jan Schmidt thaytan at mad.scientist.com
Sun Nov 2 15:59:09 CET 2003

<quote who="Ronald Bultje">

> ext/festival/gstfestival.c: Didn't we have gst/festival/? And this
> license is wrong, festival is GPL, not LGPL.

I've removed the ext/festival dir - it looks like it should have been
deleted when the code moved to gst/ a while ago. There are only cosmetic
differences.

As far as the license goes, festival may be GPL, but this only seem to
communicate with the server via a socket, so there's no linking. It uses
code from some festival client app, but the license on that appears to be
completely free (it's at the top of gstfestival.c)

J.
Jan Schmidt                                  thaytan at mad.scientist.com

<stibbons> Yeah.  The whole climax thing would make much more sense
           if I'd paid attention.