[gst-devel] cvs use

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Mon Nov 3 05:01:05 CET 2003

El lun, 03-11-2003 a las 13:41, Benjamin Otte escribió:
> If this leads to anything that slows down development, I'm totally against
> it. If we get policies in HEAD like the ones we have in STABLE, that is
> just stupid.

I can tell you *right now* that the main reason I'm not developing
against HEAD at this point is because it's impossible to even *get it
compiled*, let alone run it.  What good is it to try to get people
interested in developing against a library that says it's ok to break
compilation for three days without any warning whatsoever ?

Your argument is that it only makes sense to break HEAD because HEAD is
the only thing people check out.  My argument is that breaking a branch,
any branch, without notice or apparent reason, will turn people away
from that branch no matter what its name is.

I'll reply to other points when I have more time.

I'd appreciate feedback from other people beside myself (the watchdog)
and our main build breaker :)

Thomas