[gst-devel] cvs use

Ronald Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Mon Nov 3 08:50:09 CET 2003

On Mon, 2003-11-03 at 17:17, Benjamin Otte wrote:
> > I thought after the s,audio/raw,audio/x-int-raw, changes somethings
> > might still work, some might not.
> Many apps manage to compile against both branches though which shows how
> little of GStreamers API they are using.

... which is a good thing. It would be bad if every app needed to know
about media types. ;).

We've got two APIs: plugin API, and application API. App API changed
only slightly from 0.6.x to 0.7.x. Worst "breakages" are the vis/viz
typo thing in libgstplay, and maybe the GstElementDetails
embed-instead-of-pointer in GstElementFactory. The plugin API was
semi-overhauled, though. Lots of things were changed here.

Ronald

Ronald

Linux Video/Multimedia developer