[gst-devel] alsa plugin changes (tarball link)

Leif Johnson leif at ambient.2y.net
Mon Nov 3 23:27:09 CET 2003

Hi folks -

In anticipation of implementing the mixer interface in the ALSA
elements, I've split Benjamin's l33t-coded gstalsa.c and gstalsa.h files
into several different sources, more or less like the OSS element files.

I'd like to have you all look through the code if you get a chance. To
help out I've made diffs of each of the *.c files against the original
gstalsa.c file (e.g. diff -du gstalsa.c gstalsaclock.c > clock.patch). A
tarball of the new files is on the web :

http://ambient.2y.net/leif/tmp/alsa-split.tar.gz

If you all could comment that would be excellent. Iain, I remember you
saying you had some local ALSA changes ; does this mess with your stuff
too much ?

Also, I just discovered that the ALSA header files themselves are better
documentation than the docs on the web site, so I might be able to piece
something together for the mixer implementation by the end of this week.

I hope I'm not stepping on toes by going after this ... just let me
know. Cheers !

leif

--
Leif Morgan Johnson : http://ambient.2y.net/leif/