[gst-devel] The copyright field in plugin descriptors and GST_COPYRIGHT

Benjamin Otte in7y118 at public.uni-hamburg.de
Wed Nov 12 04:59:02 CET 2003

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003, Ronald Bultje wrote:

> These last three (copyright, package, origin) don't make any sense at
> all; the package manager is supposed to handle that, and nobody cares
> about them anyway, definately not given that their content is utterly
> useless (as you've stated already).

The last two make sense when Fedora decides not to ship mp3s and people
start getting their mad plugin from anywhere.
You can then just ask them to gst-inspect the plugin to figure out where
it comes from.

The copyright notice was left, because GstElementDetails carried such a
thing before. I didn't think about it and just copied it over. If anyone
wants it removed, I have no objections.

Benjamin