[gst-devel] alsa and plugin categories

Leif Johnson leif at ambient.2y.net
Wed Nov 12 13:05:09 CET 2003

Hi Thomas -

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:

> I like the reorganization, looks fine for me to commit.
> If hte ALSA splitup simplifies code overall, then please go ahead as
> well.  We need some people to TEST ALSA as well, we get a lot of
> complaints about it but no useful beta testing.

Thanks for the response, I'll commit this evening.

It's strange that there are so many ALSA complaints. I figured if it
worked on my laptop then it would have to work on other peoples'
computers. :)

Hmm ... but the only time it works on my laptop is when I manually
supply a `period-size=512' argument to it. Maybe we could get the ALSA
elements to do a better job of autodetecting necessary params. Not sure
if that's even possible ... but ALSA has to work well if we want to do
pro audio.

leif

--
Leif Morgan Johnson : http://ambient.2y.net/leif/