[gst-devel] Re: [gst-cvs] dschleef gstreamer: gstreamer/gst/ gstreamer/gst/elements/

David Schleef ds at schleef.org
Wed Nov 12 20:24:05 CET 2003

On Wed, Nov 12, 2003 at 06:47:16PM -0800, David Schleef wrote:
> CVS Root:       /cvsroot/gstreamer
> Module:         gstreamer
> Changes by:     dschleef
> Date:           Wed Nov 12 2003  18:47:16 PST
>
> Log message:
> Change G_TYPE_POINTER to the appropriate type in g_signal_new()

I changed these, because it seems like the right thing to do.
However, I noticed an important reason for using G_TYPE_POINTER in
a signal handler -- when marshalling a GST_TYPE_PLUGIN, for example,
the plugin structure is copied, the signal handlers called, and
the structure is then freed, which is not necessarily what we want
in all cases.

dave...