[gst-devel] New app using gstreamer

Daniel Ripollés Climent ripolles at aditel.org
Thu Nov 13 08:44:25 CET 2003

Ihope this is not OT in this list, but I didn't find any other way to contact
 the developers of gstreamer. I saw in your homepage that you keep a record of
 apps using gstreamer, and encouraging developers of these kinds of apps  to
 contact you, so that's what i'm doing right now.

I wrote an audio player (hope it's not just "yet another") using gtk2 and
gstreamer. There's nothing wrong with other apps like Rhythmbox (for example)
but this one is kinda more xmms-like (while keeping the gtk2 feeling).
Unlike others I have seen mentioned in your webpage, my app is very usable
(some friend of mine arleady did emerge -C xmms) and I think it deserves a
look at least.

The name of the app is "eina". Its homepage can be seen at
http://grog.ikossi.org/eina/
Unfortunately, I haven't yet translated the page to English, so the FAQ (which
is the only interesnting documentation that can be found there at this
moment) is in Spanish. However, if you download the C source code from
 http://grog.ikossi.org/eina/down/
you'll find compilation instructions and known bugs, everything in English.
Furthermore, the screenshots in the homepage are language-independant :)

Eina is licensed under the GPL, and I am its maintainer (some mates helped
writing some snips of code and betatesting).

Please give it a try and, if you wish, you may include it in gstreamer's
homepage in the "Applications" section.

Thank you very much for your attention.

--
Daniel Ripolles ( Eru )