[gst-devel] Re: [gst-cvs] dolphy gst-plugins: gst-plugins/gst-libs/gst/videooverlay/

Julien MOUTTE jmoutte at electronic-group.com
Sun Nov 16 10:03:09 CET 2003

I've been thinking a lot about the way to provide an API for
applications. Reading xine code, our old code, and my new code i think
the best interface is the one i proposed in GstVideoOverlay.

It has everything.

set_video_overlay gives the xid or the dfb resource you want to draw in
( no reparenting)

2 signals for size and have_overlay (the last one allows you to let the
video sink create the window for you)..

So i didn't want to break your stuff with XOverlay and i couldn't use it
for ximagesink and xvimagesink. That's why i m implementing this
interface now and am writing a demo app to show how it works.

Julien MOUTTE - jmoutte at electronic-group.com
C.T.O.

ELECTRONIC GROUP INTERACTIVE - www.electronic-group.com
World Trade Center, Moll de BARCELONA
Edificio Norte 4 Planta
08039 BARCELONA SPAIN
Tel : +34 93600 23 23 Fax : +34 93600 23 10