[gst-devel] The copyright field in plugin descriptors and GST_COPYRIGHT

Andy Wingo wingo at pobox.com
Tue Nov 18 02:30:11 CET 2003

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003, Benjamin Otte wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Nov 2003, Ronald Bultje wrote:
>
> > These last three (copyright, package, origin) don't make any sense at
> > all; the package manager is supposed to handle that, and nobody cares
> > about them anyway, definately not given that their content is utterly
> > useless (as you've stated already).
> >
> The last two make sense when Fedora decides not to ship mp3s and people
> start getting their mad plugin from anywhere.

Or, for instance, if we ever get the fancy web-based registry working,
and gst-player fetches codecs from the web. I agree with Benjamin on
this one.

> The copyright notice was left, because GstElementDetails carried such a
> thing before. I didn't think about it and just copied it over. If anyone
> wants it removed, I have no objections.

I think there were no objections to its removal, so I'll just commit a
patch to do this (should be an easy perl -p -e job for most of
gst-plugins).

regards,

wingo.