[gst-devel] GstIntefaces and casting...

Brett Kosinski brettk at frodo.dyn.gno.org
Tue Nov 18 08:26:13 CET 2003

> > Always a GstElement. However, if you don't pass a GstElement, it will
> > check this and skip the supported() step, so it will behave just like a
> > normal "class-wide" cast. I'm not sure if this is the right behaviour,
> > though, so just stick to GstElements for now.
> >
> It should be what the GstInterface requires. If there is no
> g_interface_add_prerequisite, it should be a GObject. If it requires a
> GstElement, use that :)

Heh, okay, I'll stick the casting method in Gst::Object (yeah, I realize
this breaks the GStreamer semantics of associating casting with the
interface, but it's more "perlish" this way... not to mention
implementable :).  Then glib can complain about prerequisite errors... and
if necessary, I can always add additional, more friendly error handling
later.

Brett.