[gst-devel] GStreamer Shorten decoder

Christophe Fergeau teuf at gnome.org
Mon Nov 24 11:59:10 CET 2003

Hi,

I recently wrote a gstreamer plug-in to decode shorten files (lossless
audio compression, see http://www.softsound.com/Shorten.html). This
plug-in works well enough for me, ie I can play and convert to other
formats my shn files. It doesn't support seeking, and probably won't
work in more advanced pipelines. Moreover, it's non-free since I reused
some parts of the original source code, which is licenced under a "free
for non commercial use" licence (see the COPYING file in the tarball for
more details). If someone wants to try to write a cleanroom
implementation of a shorten decoder, I'll relicence the parts of the
plug-in which are mine.

If this plug-in can be helpful to other people, I uploaded a tarball to
http://cfergeau.free.fr/gst-shorten-0.2.0.tar.gz and it's in GStreamer
CVS in the gst-sandbox module. If you use it, please tell me if you
encounter any problem :)

Cheers,

Christophe