[gst-devel] asf/wmv plugin

Ronald Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Sun Oct 5 08:04:03 CEST 2003

Hi Lou,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Louis Garcia" <louisg00 at bellsouth.net>
To: <gstreamer-devel at lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Saturday, October 04, 2003 9:26 AM
Subject: [gst-devel] asf/wmv plugin

> How is the progress of this plugin? Is it a separate library like
> mpeg2dec or part of ffmpeg? Their some code I can try out?

No, it's in CVS and has no dependencies. Demuxer is called asfdemux, muxer
is called asfmux. Muxer works (or well, worked, until someone removed event
masks from filesink... grmbl - anyway, eas fix, will do that next week) ,
demuxer state is unknown (official state) but it reads files for me
(personal experience). I recently added proper typefinding, too. Didn't test
it in player yet, but there shouldn't be much work needed to get it to work
completely. I'll look into that soon, I'm currently working on interfaces
and can only do one thing at a time.

Ronald