[gst-devel] gst-player performance

Sylvain BERTRAND xod at ifrance.com
Sat Oct 18 05:54:03 CEST 2003

I got the same issue... the spider filter selects the avifiles
decoder/encoder(windec) when dealing with avi(mpeg4) encoded files. But
the windec filter seems to have many troubles decoding such streams, at
least on my distro(custom build). So I decided to use the ffmpegdec
filter instead of the windec filter. For that, I switched the registry
priorities of the windec(256) and ffmpegdec(64) in order to make the
spider filter select the latter than the first.