[gst-devel] Markers, loop points and metadata

Ronald Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Mon Oct 20 02:28:01 CEST 2003

Hi Iain,

On Sun, 2003-10-19 at 19:11, iain wrote:
> Wav files can hold markers and cue points and playlists and all sorts of
> other weird things like that and I was wondering how this stuff should
> be loaded. The simplest way would be to set it in the metadata, but its
> not really metadata about the wav file, its extra data, so it doesn't
> feel right putting it there.

It's metadata. AVI does it like that, too. Your code is essentially a
dup of AVI's metadata reading code. ;). This is probably what rifflib
should have been used for, but ohwell... Too late. Maybe I'll integrate
those two one day, but not now. Post-0.8 target.

> The second thing, is the accepted way to write metadata to a file to
> just create a GstCaps structure of it and set that on the encoder?

Yes. Benjamin worked on a new metadata system (GInterface-based), but I
didn't see any results or code from that yet.

Ronald

Linux Video/Multimedia developer