[gst-devel] [Fwd: GStreamer CVS move ?]

David I. Lehn dlehn at vt.edu
Tue Sep 2 00:48:06 CEST 2003

* David Schleef <ds at schleef.org> [2003-09-02T03:35:54-0400]:
> > we all know the situation around Sourceforge and it's really slow cvs
> > connections thus I would like to ask if it's finally possible to host
> > GStreamer on cvs.gnome.org. My last update of gstreamer, gst-plugins and
> > gst-player took me over 3 hours and it was quite frustrating.
>
> Developer access to sourceforge is still relatively fast.  So
> we're not in a realy hurry to move.  Anonymous access is, of
> course, ambysal.  However, there's no reason why an enterprising
> individual couldn't set up an anonymous CVS mirror; I run one
> myself.

You all do read your SF update emails right?  From todays edition:

``I wanted to give you a few updates on SF.NET.  First, in the last
sitewide email I described our CVS performance issues and the solution
we are introducing to fix them.   The performance increase I spoke of
(600%+ increase) is just days away from being deployed.    The new
systems are now in place, additional electrical power has been added to
our colocation cage, and the Linux boxes are in their final stages of
configuration.   Hang in there.  Help is on the way.''

> I still have issues with using pserver to access a CVS repository.

me too.

-dave