[gst-devel] colorspace plugin (inside a c program)

Jeremy Gwinnup jgwinnup at mbvlab.wpafb.af.mil
Mon Sep 15 06:24:15 CEST 2003

Ronald,
Sorry for not being clearer.  I am writing a GTK+ program that is using
Gstreamer internals to annotate video playback. I am having problems
with the internal buffer format after the decoding step.  I am currently
outputting to the fakesink and reading the buffer from there to tranfer
image data to a GdkPixbuf (I realize this is suboptimal, but I need to
do this for my program requirements)

When working with the gstreamer fakesink buffer (without first passing
through the colorspace plugin) I get approximately half the bytes I
expect (I expect 720x480x3 bytes for 24bit color, 8 bit per color
channel,  on a 720x480 frame)

What I get is 720x480 bytes of luminance information followed by 720x240
of what looks like quarter-frame color information. I figured if I place
the colorspace plugin into the pipeline it would help alleviate this.
However, when I put the plugin into the pipeline between the decoder and
the fakesink, nothing changes.

I'm guessing that I need to set some properties on the plugin object in
order for it to properly transform the pixel data into a format easier
for me to work with.

I was hoping that someone would be able to point me at a tutorial, but
if I need to read the source, let me know :)

Thanks!
-Jeremy

--
Jeremy Gwinnup