[gst-devel] Problems with HEAD

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Tue Sep 16 03:01:01 CEST 2003

Hi,

I'm reverting some of the error changes recently commited.  They were a
bit premature and didn't follow what we discussed in Spain, and HEAD has
been broken for the last two days.

It's better if we do this on a branch, so I'll create a branch and we'll
work from there.  It's always better to do very invasive patches that
touch every source file on a branch, so a single patch set can be
created for review and committal.

Some of the goals we had set for this was:
a) make a patch that at this point is mostly similar for HEAD and 0.6,
so that all plug-ins need fixing only once
b) provide/fix the current error messages so that they are decent
c) provide an error messaging system that makes sense to application
writers.

The current commit set didn't really comply with any of these goals :)

I have been discussing this the last two days with the usability team,
and will keep doing so.  I'll send an update on what the plan is going
to be so you guys can comment.

I'll create the branch as soon as I figure out how to do it properly (so
we can later diff against the branch point) and let you know.

Thomas

Dave/Dina : future TV today ! - http://davedina.apestaart.org/
The clock is set for nine but you know you're gonna make it eight
All the people that you've loved they're all bound to leave some
keepsakes
I've been swinging all the time, think it's time I learned your ways
URGent, best radio on the net - 24/7 ! - http://urgent.rug.ac.be/