[gst-devel] gstreamer in a game

iain iain at prettypeople.org
Mon Sep 29 08:20:43 CEST 2003

On Mon, 2003-09-29 at 15:49, in7y118 at public.uni-hamburg.de wrote:

> I'd probably preload samples into some buffer via a pipeline and then use a
> source element that reads from memory instead of decoding the stuff every time.
> Though all of that would need to be written.

You could probably easily modify the marlin-sample-element-sink element
in marlin. Basically it is a way for marlin to store the data from a
load pipeline filesrc ! mad ! (some other stuff to get it to a format
marlin wants) ! samplesink.

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/marlin/marlin/marlin/marlin-sample-element.c?rev=1.80&view=auto
Don't be scared by the length, 2/3rds of the file is the corresponding
src element that you don't really need to worry about :)

iain
--
"Things like Destiny's Child are just repressed sexuality. It happens
with boys and men too. I feel embarrassed for them when I listen to