[gst-devel] [ANN] first Moosak alpha (version 0.1.0) released

Leif Johnson leif at ambient.2y.net
Tue Sep 30 11:23:05 CEST 2003

Moosak is a music player applet for the GNOME2 panel. Moosak makes
extensive use of pygtk and gst-python to tie together the rapid
developement strengths of Python with a nice GTK2 interface and the
fantastic media handling of GStreamer.

Just a few days ago this package got to the point where it can play
files continuously without throwing up too many errors, so I've released
an alpha package. Please give it a whirl if you're feeling adventurous !

http://ambient.2y.net/moosak/

A couple words of caution :

- Moosak is alpha software ! I'm doing an alpha release because I've
  been able to use Moosak for the past few days (so it's stable in a
  certain sense ...), and I'd like to get feedback early.

- The installation process is a pain ! I'm hoping there are some
  GStreamer hackers who'll already have most dependencies set up and
  installed properly.

- Many of the playlist functions are not implemented yet, but you can
  add and play files, which is important. : ) The playlist GUI is also
  going to change some in the future ; it's a bit too busy right now.

Moosak has a long way to go, but I think it's fun to use. Try it out and
let me know what you think.

Happy hacking,

leif

--