[gst-devel] Scheduler requirements

Andy Wingo wingo at pobox.com
Thu Apr 8 07:36:25 CEST 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-29 at 14:57, Benjamin Otte wrote:
> > Unfortunately, there's no way to allow the elements to clean up when the
> > cothread is reset unless you allow registration of cleanup actions
> > (gst_element_register_cleanup_action (e, proc, data)), and make a policy
> > regarding data allocation in general (e.g. elements must provide for any
> > necessary cleanup if the pipeline changes while you call gst_pad_push or
> > gst_pad_pull).
> >
> > Make any sense?
> >
> Makes sense, but looks hellishly ugly - especially because you need to
> write cleanup functions for every existing element.

Well, this is only if you allocate something during your processing
loop. If you allocate/deallocate during state changes then you're set
already.

Hm, it seems that's the way to go. Personally I don't think malloc
should be allowed at all within processing functions.
--
Andy Wingo <wingo at pobox.com>