[gst-devel] Re: [gst-cvs] thomasvs gst-plugins: gst-plugins/ gst-plugins/examples/gstplay/

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Tue Apr 13 08:21:07 CEST 2004

On Tue, 2004-04-13 at 17:01, Ronald Bultje wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 13 Apr 2004, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> > Log message:
> > make player example use gconf
>
> I thought we didn't do this to make non-GNOME'ish people use the example
> as well? Is this the right thing? (Just double checking...).

I don't think that was ever the goal of it, no.  It's just a simple test
bed for the playback library for all of OUR core devs who don't track
GNOME :) GConf falls back to something that works by default anyway -
hardcoding the player example to osssink is not a good solution for the
non-GNOME people either.

Thomas