[gst-devel] gst-plugins installation error

David I. Lehn dlehn at vt.edu
Fri Apr 16 09:23:00 CEST 2004

* Benjamin Otte <in7y118 at public.uni-hamburg.de> [2004-04-16T10:08:08-0400]:
> Yeah, some newer (or older? or different?) version of mpeg2dec (for example the
> current Debian unstable version) require an s/mpeg_sequence_t/sequence_t/ at
> that point which I figured out yesterday or so.

Debian mpeg2dec maintainer (me) says:
Huh?  libmpeg2-4-dev has mpeg2_sequence_t.  libmpeg2-3-dev has sequence_t.

> I haven't investgated why that suddenly came up though, but wanted to ask
> people on IRC about it.
> So I'll ask here: Did libmpeg2 break API compat again? Anybody looked into this

If you're using anything but 0.4.0b, please upgrade.  Actually, I notice
configure.ac only asks for 0.3.1.  Is there any reason this isn't 0.4.0?
I think it's been out long enough and offers enough improvements that we
should drop support for earlier version APIs.

-dave