[gst-devel] RTP module

Zeeshan Ali zeelists at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 19 15:05:10 CEST 2004

Hello,

> I'm intersting develop rtp plugin.

     Good, we REALLY need volunteers for rtp/rtsp
part.

> Second to the list, this plugin should be based on a
> udp module in order to establish connection for any
> kinds of protocols.

     No, the plugin MUST be independent of the
transport protocol. Although people would mostly be
using it over udp, but they MUST be given a choice.
That is why i wrote the tcp plugins.

> I would knowm if anyone is working about it and
> which
> is the work progression ?

   The plugins were first created by Zaheer and then
I  worked on it for a while. Last time, Ramon was
working on it. Ramon would be able to provide you some
guidance. You can dig-out his email from the
mailing-list archive.

=====
"To teach how to live without certainty, and yet without being paralysed by hesitation, is perhaps the chief thing that philosophy, in our age, can still do for those who study it." --Bertrand Russell

"According to all the rules (of Software Engineering) I knew, Linux should have been a disaster, but it was'nt. Instead it was something wonderfull" -- Eric Raymond