[gst-devel] some recent commits ...

Johan Dahlin johan at fluendo.com
Fri Apr 23 06:32:01 CEST 2004

> > a) back out commits that broke stuff until they work again
> > b) have the commiter fix these issues ?
> >
> Unless the committer does not seem to fix the isseue or it's a very important
> thing, that must run, I'd opt for b).
> a) is most of the time not worth the effort.

I'm not sure if b) is going to work out. IMHO CVS HEAD should always
stay working with all applications and all support formats.
If someone breaks it, it should be fixed. Most of the times the
developers are available on IRC or mail etc. But sometimes it can take a
little while, a couple of hours, a day. In these causes I don't think b)
is acceptable. Since it can force quite a number of people to just sit
and no wait for the checkin to fixed. Time's wasted a people get pissed
off.

But I'm not sure if we want to adopt a) and a mozilla like checkin
policy [1].

Perhaps something in between that makes sure that the tree *always*
stays buildable and fully functional.

[1] : http://www.mozilla.org/hacking/working-with-seamonkey.html
--
Johan Dahlin <johan at fluendo.com>