[gst-devel] GStreamer performance

Benjamin Otte in7y118 at public.uni-hamburg.de
Sun Apr 25 08:32:29 CEST 2004

GStreamer has always been an application that did not use ugly hacks to
improve performance. It has always left scheduling up to the kernel.
Since the Linux kernel without low-latency patches has quite some issues
wrt correct scheduling, this used to lead to problems.
I have not heard about problems from people running 2.6 kernels however.

Benjamin