[gst-devel] CVS/local out-of-sync & gst-indent

Ronald S. Bultje R.S.Bultje at students.uu.nl
Tue Apr 27 17:56:01 CEST 2004

Hi,

I've recently received loads of notices from 'cvs update' that my files
checksum failed locally, and then it refetches files. The consequence is
that - on this file - all local changes are lost. This seems to be
caused by the fact that - on checkin - the server runs gst-inspect on
them, but the client doesn't, thus bringing those two out-of-sync.
Result is that the file checksums are different in the next cvs update,
and the rest as given above.

This is *extremely* bad, I end up doing a lot of double work because of
this. Please someone fix it immediately, either by immediately removing
the gst-indent from the server checkin action or by providing a script
that indents all committed .c files on checkin (ideally integrated in
Dave's "cicl" script that I've been happily using for a few weeks now,
thanks for that btw!).

Ronald