[gst-devel] string transforms for GObject properties

Ronald Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Wed Apr 28 07:07:06 CEST 2004

Hi Daniel,

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004, daniel fischer wrote:
> i'm experimenting with special property types for some elements.
> in a nutshell, i would like to specify positions and areas not with 2 or
> 4 properties each (x/y, resp x1,y1,x2,y2), but a single one , eg like
> so:
>  gst-launch myelement roi=10,10,310,230

I'e been wanting to do this for some time, but didn't get to it yet. Cool
stuff! :). I wanted to use it for things like IP address properties.

> if you regard it as cool i would check it out a little further and
> submit a patch in bugzilla... so what do you think? and about the
> property issue in general?

Yes please, I think this is the right way. Note that gst-editor will
require a small patch to have the same default: for properties, where it
then shows a GtkEntry where the user can fill in stuff as a string.

Ronald