[gst-devel] Some thoughts

Jérémy Simon jesimon at libertysurf.fr
Fri Apr 30 05:01:03 CEST 2004

Hello,

  Just some thoughts :
  _ In last Ronald's commits, the faad plugin get *codec* datas from the
sink caps. I thought that Dave was opposed to this method ?

  _ There was some discussions on irc/gst-devel about demuxer that needs a
rewrite : qtdemux, asfdemux. Why not switch to the ffmpeg demuxer for
this type of file until the rewrite is done ? If we can put extradata to
caps, I think that we won't need to patch ffmpeg. Qt and Asf ffmpeg
demuxer support seek events too.

  _ I would like to add replaygain support to gst (the volume adjustment
part). What is the best solution :
    -> Add a new plugin
    -> Add the gain code to the volume plugin with a property to
enable/disable it
    -> A subclass of the volume plugin maybe ?
    -> Not a GStreamer problem : the application should do the volume
adjustment.

Jeremy