[gst-devel] Call for ideas : Video and Audio sinks for Gstreamer on Windows

Sebastian Hartte Sebastian at Hartte.de
Sun Aug 1 11:41:05 CEST 2004

ChristianHJW wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> this is a call for ideas. It seems Steve has gstreamer and more than
> 60 plugins compiled and working on Windows, using MSVC 7. Now, i hope
> to get some interest from player developers to have their player based
> on it, covering the two most used platforms ( Linux and Windows ) with
> one single player this way.
>
> To be able to use gstreamer on Windows for a player, we need output
> sinks. How do we best do that ? DirectX ?
>
> Thanks for your input
>
> Christian
> matroska project admin
>

> BTW : I was first striked, then banned for a period of 30 days from
> doom9.org for having posted this here :
> http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80245 . Crazy place,
> isnt it ?

I think that multiple sinks should be provided. My two favorite players
(media player classic from guliverkli and winamp) use VMR7/VMR9 and
Offscreen Overlays for Video and waveout or DirectSound for Audio. Since
mplayerc is opensource one could have a look at their implementation as
well. I personally prefer VMR9 over any other video sink because of its
speed and features though.

bye,
Sebastian Hartte