[gst-devel] Now starting musepack plugin, seeking advice

Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro gjc at inescporto.pt
Tue Aug 3 07:21:21 CEST 2004

  Hello,
  I've started to write a musepack (http://www.musepack.net) decoder
plugin for gstreamer.
  Unfortunately, the musepack library does not fit very well into
standard GstElement model.  You have a chain() function, which receives
a data buffer, pushes a data buffer into the decoder, then pushes the
resulting buffer to the next element.
  In musepack, you have to implement a "reader" class, and musepack
pulls data from reader.  That is the reverse of what the chain function
does.
  I'm thinking I don't have any choice but to run the decoder in a
subthread, but if anyone has a better idea I'm all ears! :-)
  Regards.
--
Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro
<gjc at inescporto.pt> <gustavo at users.sourceforge.net>