[gst-devel] Re: Call for ideas : Video and Audio sinks for Gstreamer on Windows

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Sat Aug 7 09:32:03 CEST 2004

Sebastian Hartte wrote:
> I think that multiple sinks should be provided. My two favorite players
> (media player classic from guliverkli and winamp) use VMR7/VMR9 and
> Offscreen Overlays for Video and waveout or DirectSound for Audio. Since
> mplayerc is opensource one could have a look at their implementation as
> well. I personally prefer VMR9 over any other video sink because of its
> speed and features though.
> bye, Sebastian Hartte

BTW .. could we have a look at how the Real network guys are doing it
with Helix ? Its also a x-platform multimedia framework, so they
certainly had to solve the same problems as we are facing now.

We maybe cant use the code directly, even if they have changed the
license to GPL now ( we need L-GPL ), but it could be some nice
'inspiration' to look at it ?

ChristianHJW
matroska project admin