[gst-devel] Using Portaudio for a Gstreamer audio sink ?

Zaheer Abbas Merali zaheerabbas at merali.org
Sat Aug 7 11:16:03 CEST 2004

Hi Chris

i) GStreamer is already compiling and running and being used on OS X
with native audio source and sink based on Mac OS X's CoreAudio
framework as well as a native video sink using cocoa's opengl wrapper.
ii) Using Portaudio in my opinion is not a good idea, you would be
better off using native windows APIs to create a windows audio sink and
source.  DirectX apis for sound do not look difficult at all.

Take Care

Zaheer Abbas Merali