[gst-devel] advice

Robert Wittams robert at wittams.com
Tue Aug 17 01:13:03 CEST 2004

Hi,

I'm currently making VCDs by encoding various videos to the correct mpg
format using mplayer/encoder and mjpegtools, making bin/cue files using
vcdauthor, and then burning with cdrecord.

I wanted to make an app using gstreamer to do the encoding step, are
there any examples of this kind of use? Could someone give an idea of
how to do things like changing framerates (whilst maintaining audio
sync), scaling /padding video , normalising sound levels?

I've read the docs but I'm at a loss as to how to find out what plugins
actually do, and which plugins / elements should be used for any
particular task...

Rob