[gst-devel] offtopic : portabillity of libgnomeui

Stefan Kost kost at imn.htwk-leipzig.de
Tue Aug 17 11:39:02 CEST 2004

sorry this is a bit offtoppic ...

As gstreamer on windows is making good progress, we would like to make our app
(http://www.buzztard.org) working on windows as well. As we have stated with the
functional stuff, it was not a problem. But now we have started a gui editor,
that is currently just gtk based. There I am stuck, as we need a canvas and that
is part of gnome. Requiring this is probably a problem for windows portabillity?
Can anyone comment on this? Or can libgnomeui easilly be ported to windows,
without the need for all the other gnome stuff.

Alternativly is anyone aware of a plain gtk+ based canvas that is a bit more
comfortable than the GtkDrawingArea?

Many thanks

Stefan
--