[gst-devel] gst-python and queues

Johan Dahlin johan at fluendo.com
Fri Aug 27 03:53:06 CEST 2004

> I think for the API it's a lot better to
> s/gst_element_factory_make/gst_element_new/ since that's more or less what
> people would expect. (The same goes for schedulers or everything else
> that's provided by factories.) It somehow makes more sense, doesn't it?

Well, gst_element_factory_make is not strictly a constructor of
GstElement. I think that the requirement of a constructor for an object
in an object oriented language should return the type of the created
object and not something that is a subclass of it.

But I must say that gst.Element('mad') is quite nice syntax even though
it breaks the object-oriented paradigm.

--
Johan Dahlin <johan at fluendo.com>
Fluendo S.L.