[gst-devel] Contributed a chapter about clocks to the plugin writter's guide.

Ramón García ramon_garcia_f at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 28 06:59:02 CEST 2004

Hello,

I have just commited a chapter about clocks. I wrote
it because I was frustated trying to find how the
synchronization mechanism works. In particular it was
difficult to me to learn how if a clock returns an
absolute time, and a sample contains time relative to
the start, then how can gst_element_wait() works. So
in order to save other people from spending time
looking for this information, it is better to have it
documented.

This chapter was written from deductions in the source
 code. Therefore, it might be inaccurate and contain
mistakes and misundertandings.

Ramon