[gst-devel] 0.9 proposals

Zaheer Abbas Merali zaheerabbas at merali.org
Wed Dec 1 07:36:05 CET 2004

Hi guys

I have followed this discussion with interest but did not feel my
technical input to be of much use.  This discussion is on some very
fundamental issues in the core and obviously people have differing ideas
on how to resolve these issues.

I see Christian has emailed the list with the design documents that Wim
has made for his ideas.  Maybe Benjamin, you should do the same (maybe
make the code you have done for 0.9 available somewhere too).  Then
there can be a more fruitful discussion in which design decisions can be
made.

Can we build up a list of use cases (with expected results) for the core
so that we have a reference model of what we expect the core to do?

On another note its great to hear that Wim will be working fulltime on
working on a 0.9 core.  I do feel that we do at some point soon need to
reach a 1.0 and maybe what would be a 0.12 sounds like a good time to do
it.  Of course this is assuming we have no really critical issues to fix
in the core between 0.10 and 1.0.

--
Zaheer Abbas Merali <zaheerabbas at merali.org>