[gst-devel] problem compiling gst-ffmpeg under gentoo with cpu that doesnt support sse

Ronald S. Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Mon Dec 13 03:39:09 CET 2004

On Mon, 2004-12-13 at 06:05, Matt Henley wrote:
> i am using gentoo on an old athlon tbird.  It doesnt support sse
> although configure scripts happily report that it does.  Therefore I
> have added  -mno-sse -mno-sse2 to my make.conf.

Don't do that.

Ffmpeg (and therefore the GStreamer-ffmpeg plugin) will at runtime
detect the optimizations that your cpu supports. Therefore, the use of
anything like -mno-sse is not needed. There's specific autoconf magic to
turn it off if you really want to, read ./configure --help for details.
If you don't know what you're doing, don't do it. And please, for
Gentoo-specific questions (which this is definately one of), use the
Gentoo fora. This list is for GStreamer-related issues.

Thanks,

Ronald

--
Ronald S. Bultje <rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net>