[gst-devel] future of textoverlay

Ronald S. Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Wed Dec 29 10:41:03 CET 2004

Hi,

On Tue, 2004-12-28 at 06:51, David Schleef wrote:
> I'm planning to make a textoverlay into a base class, so that
> people can easily create elements that overlay text onto a video
> using their own formatting rules.

Sounds good.

Problem here might be that you'll still have code duplication because we
have cairo and pango versions. It'd be good to just stop working on
pango (it works, suffices for what we currently use it for) and do all
new development on the cairo one only. Else we'll still have the code
duplication between backends.

Ronald

--
Ronald S. Bultje <rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net>